Embedded within Pedro Noguera’s work are various strategies that you may try in your classroom:
1. Create learning communities in your classroom where students work and problem solve together to learn concepts.
2. Differentiate your instruction to reach all students.
3. Ensure that students feel safe to make mistakes in your classroom.
4. Students, in conjunction with you, should choose real world problems they can solve that embed the learning and practice of curricular standards.
5. Have students engage in hands on activities. Students learn by doing, not by listening.
6. Remind your kids that you expect a lot from them because you care!!!